For over two years now, Dylan and Jessica Nugent have been preparing with their four boys to transition to the mission field. Dylan is going to serve as an orthopaedic surgeon at Tenwek Hospital in Kenya.
As a church family, we have less than month left until they transition out of Jacksonville to finish their preparation. We want to do everything we can to support them in their aim of advancing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, treating physical needs, and training and discipling new African orthopaedic surgeons. At our Family Camp in June 6-7, we will have a time to pray for them as part of their sendoff.
In the meantime, here are a few things each of us can do:
- Financial Support – If you have not already done so, please prayerfully consider financially supporting the Nugents. Right now, their one-time needs are at 63% funding and their monthly support is at 60%.
- Learn More – If you have not already done so, take this time to get acquainted with what the Nugent’s will be doing. You can get more information on their blog and learn about Samaritan’s Purse, World Gospel Mission and Tenwek Hospital.
- Help Move – The Nugents will be moving out of their home on May 29-30. Get in touch with them if you are able to help with their move.
- Pray – Here are some prayer requests they posted on their blog:
- Our house was on the market for less than a week before we had an offer! Praise the Lord! We are currently under contract with a closing set for June 1st.
- Dylan will be wrapping up at work in June and continuing to study for his Orthopaedic boards exam in early July
- For preparations and safety this summer as we travel around the country for seven weeks of pre-departure training
- For all of us as the time for departure draws near and we have to start saying goodbyes to many dear people